Well if you haven't heard yet, I am homeschooling Chloe next year!
I am so so excited! I wasn't at first...I will admit it. I wanted to put her in a wonderful Christian shool that I have loved for a few years now. God just kept putting homeschooling on my heart and everytime I would decide that we were definitely doing private school, God would put someone in my path who just "happened to mention homeschooling." (God is clever like that) :) One night in the shower, I said "God, I don't know what to do?!" ...and I heard "yes you do." It was that moment that I knew I was meant to homeschool. At the very moment I agreed to God's assignment, I have been truly excited and God has used many experiences over the past 3 months to confirm my decision which He knew I would need. I have chosen the curriculum and have so many activities and trips and adventures planned for next year. She is already spelling and reading 3-letter words and is SO inquisitive and such a great learner. We started "Hooked on Handwriting" (like Hooked on Phonics) and she has been working on writing at home all this semester. I can't wait!!! Just so happy that I can be with her. Ever since she was little, there has been something about her that makes me want to be where she is (I know, all mommies are that way...hers is just holy spirit-inspired) and I just want to be a part of her learning. Here are some pics of us at the local farm where we go twice a week to buy our raw goat's milk and cheese...we also get delicious local honey, lots of fresh organic veggies, eggs straight from the henhouse and natural, pasture-fed chicken and beef. The girls LOVE to pet the baby goats, the bunnies and their big farm dog, Scout. We will be volunteering out there weekly once I start school with Chloe in August!!
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-700684.jpg)
-702331.jpg)
-704270.jpg)
-705599.jpg)
-706881.jpg)
-708277.jpg)
-710058.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment