Top Gun This is my husband (on the left) playing tough guy with his pilot buddy, Willy. Yes, they are actually flying and they are so proud of their helicopter helmets!
I am wife to an incredible, handsome, Christian man whom I have been best friends with since we were both 16 and in high school. He has always made me swoon but what drew my heart was his love for the Lord. I am also mommy to 3 beautiful girls. Chloe is 5 years old and has the beauty of Christ written all over her. She is bold and courageous, inquisitive and adventurous as well as absolutely gorgeous. Hudson is 17 months old and is more passionate than any little baby I have ever met! She is a symbol of Hope in our home and God blessed us So much with her. She brought joy and life back into our home! She is funny and loves to make us laugh. She has always been a cuddler and lover and I can not wait to watch this little fireball light up the world! Charlie would be 3 years old this Christmas Eve. She was taken to heaven 2 days before we were supposed to meet. She was a stunning baby with beautiful pouty lips. She has touched more lives than I can believe and I know that God is not finished with her ministry. I count the days until I can meet and hold her.
Beautiful baby, Charlie
Hudson Riley
Chloe-2 years old
Hudson at one
My Song Choices
Okay, so a lot of people just pick songs because they like them and while I did do that, each one has SUCH meaning to me. The first one is just me. I feel like it is my walk, my testimony...my statement to the enemy..that he will not move me from my love of the Lord. "I Will Not Be Moved."
"I Still Believe" is my profession to the Lord. Despite this hard walk, I still do. I always will believe.
One week after Charlie died, we went to get my c-section staples out and then made a trip to Target where Spencer bought a Matt Kearney CD. His voice was the only voice you could ever find on our radios. He ministered in such a way to us through those dark hours. Spencer actually played the song "All I Need" for me on his computer that first lonely night at home without her. Now his music makes me smile.
"Held" will break your heart. Wow. Its all so real. For so many mommies.
"In My Arms" was on a CD given to me by my dear friend, Salina. I can't help but think of my amazing daughters, Chloe and Hudson when I hear this.
"Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye" was the song Spencer and I danced to at our wedding. It is actually the first song we ever danced to. On one of our first dates, Spencer pulled over on the side of the small West Texas highway, turned up his car radio and asked me to dance. This was the song that played and it will forever mean the world to us.
Gateway Womens Lifegroup!
God has blessed me SO much with a group of 15 incredible women who join me in the walk with Christ. We meet every other Wednesday at my house and are studying "Walking in Victory" by Gaye Moss. We are learning that The Word IS life. Period.
I will be adding a bi-monthly entry about our lifegroup discussion for the girls who miss group!
No comments:
Post a Comment